Mobility scooters are one of the best ways to regain your independence whilst not relying on other standard forms or transportation. Here you will find a wide range of mobility scooters from 4mph lightweight scooters up to luxury large 8mph road scooters. We aim to help you through the process of finding the perfect scooter to meet your mobility requirements.
How to choose the right mobility scooter
Mobility scooters come in three sizes; Lightweight, Medium and Large. Before committing to purchasing a new mobility scooter, consider the following points:
- How often will you be using your scooter? Will you be using it to go to the local shop and back, or will it be a longer journey into town?
- Where will your journeys normally take place? On the pavement, on a road, or ‘all terrain’?
- Do you need to transport the scooter in a car?
- How much can you safely lift?
- Where will you be storing the scooter? Indoors or in a garage or shed?
Once you have had a think through the above, look through the following to see which class of mobility scooter would suit you best.
Lightweight scooters are perfect for the smaller journey and use around the home. They are light and easy to transport and usually breakdown into smaller parts making them easy to put into the boot of the car. Lightweight scooters are made with a smaller frame to make them easier to lift, but they do limit the passenger weight. They also have smaller batteries for ease of transport which makes them suitable for smaller journeys.
- Small, compact and lightweight
- Folds or breaks down into smaller parts for easier transport/storage
- Perfect for use around the home
- Lower maximum weight limit – usually up to 21 stone
- Smaller battery so best suited for shorter journeys (around 10 miles)
- Not suitable for road use